Tips for your First Steps on these Web Pages
Help for new Visitors and Internet Beginners
- Language change: by mouse click (1 click with left mouse button) on the flag in the upper right corner from German to English and vice versa.
- Menu navigation: at the (Apple-)PC with a mouse, on touchscreens by tapping the menu. For touchscreens, replace »mouse click« with «tap».
- clearly arranged: each introduction, each main menu lists the following subpages at the bottom of the page. «Read more:» is written above the clickable subpages.
- flip through pages: this website can be easily flipped through like a book from the start page aka «homepage» to the last page. And from the bottom of the page it goes quickly up again ^ to the top of the page. On every page, you can click on «prev» or «next» to flip or «^top» to jump back on top.
« prev ……………… ^top ……………… next »
- go back a bit or to the homepage: at the top between menu and page text the current menu path is displayed (currently: Home > Help). This is also called «breadcrumb navigation». Even in nested submenus, the orientation is retained. Jump back as far as you like or go straight to the «Home» page. The latter is even easier: click on the title "sensible online" at the top!
- Text highlighting: to avoid confusion, underlines are only used for hyperlinks (like here).
- Use these web pages on your Smartphone or Tablet-PC? Yes, with pleasure!
This website offers responsive design, i.e. it adapts to any display size.
- Use read mode for long texts: As soon as a paper symbol or AA appears at the top left or right side of the web address, click on this symbol to use the read mode and change the font size.
- Search function (unfortunately not on small screens): click in the input field left below the menu and then enter your search term. «Enter» key or on the Tablet PC «Next», «Search» or «Return» will start the search process (takes about one second).
Attention: the search only finds results in the currently selected language! German contents can be found after changing the language!
- Table of contents (unfortunately not on small screens): Complete overview of the menu structure, direct selection of each subpage possible. See the icon left below the menu bar near the printer icon.
Thank you very much for reading!
Date Format on this Website
This website is mainly German therefore it uses uniformly the German date format DD.MM.YYYY corresponding to the British notation.
Scale up/down the Font
Change the font size easy with this keystroke combination:
[Strg] and [+] to scale up, [Strg] and [-] to scale down.
[Strg] and  resets to original layout.
It works with all actual versions of Apple Safari, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Opera and Microsoft Internet Explorer, maybe with other browsers, too.
Not only the font, but all other page elements will be scaled. So the entire layout will stay coherent.